Spaghetti with Tomato Pasta Sauce
This quintessential Italian pasta dish is always a favourite at the dinner table! It combines some of our favourite fresh Italian ingredients, including tomatoes, garlic and basil.
- Cooking time15 minutes
- Prep time5 minutes
- 4 portions
- 400 grams spaghetti
- 50 grams Bertolli buttery spread + extra knob
- 3 garlic cloves
- 600 grams sweet ripe cherry tomatoes cut into quarters
- handful of basil leaves
|Energy (kcal)||466 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||1949 kJ|
|Protein (g)||14.5 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||80.9 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||76.0 g|
|Sugar (g)||6.3 g|
|Fibre (g)||4.9 g|
|Fat (g)||9.3 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||1.8 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||6.6 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||2.6 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||4.0 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||52 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.13 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||1585 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||19.3 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||41 mg|
|Iron (mg)||1.71 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||559 mg|
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil.
- Add the spaghetti and cook until “al dente.” Tip: use lightly salted water to cook pasta in.
- Meanwhile heat the Bertolli with Butter in a pan. Add garlic and stir fry on medium heat for a minute.
- Add the tomatoes and some salt and pepper, stirring slowly.
- Lower the heat and allow to simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Stir in the basil leaves.
- Drain the spaghetti and add to the sauce with a little of the pasta water and an extra knob of Bertolli with Butter.
- Mix together and serve.