Spaghetti with Tomato Pasta Sauce
This quintessential spaghetti with tomato pasta sauce dish is always a favourite at the dinner table! It combines some of our favourite fresh Italian ingredients, including tomatoes, garlic and basil.
- Prep time5 minutes
- 4 portions
- 400 grams spaghetti
- 50 grams Bertolli buttery spread + extra knob
- 3 garlic cloves
- 600 grams sweet ripe cherry tomatoes cut into quarters
- handful of basil leaves
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil.
- Add the spaghetti and cook until “al dente.” Tip: use lightly salted water to cook pasta in.
- Meanwhile heat the Bertolli with Butter in a pan. Add garlic and stir fry on medium heat for a minute.
- Add the tomatoes and some salt and pepper, stirring slowly.
- Lower the heat and allow to simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Stir in the basil leaves.
- Drain the spaghetti and add to the sauce with a little of the pasta water and an extra knob of Bertolli with Butter.
- Mix together and serve.