Italian Penne Pasta with Peppers, Capers & Olives
Packed with colourful, healthy Mediterranean vegetables, this simple, but tasty Italian-style Penne pasta dish with peppers, capers and olives is perfect for a quick mid-week supper. In this penne recipe, uses Bertolli with Butter. This helps sweat the vegetables infusing them with all the goodness of olive oil, and adds extra creaminess and shine to the penne pasta at the end.
- 200 g penne pasta
- 80 g Bertolli with Butter & extra knob
- 1 medium sized red onion, finely sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 20 black or green olives
- 260 g cherry tomatoes, roughly chopped
- handful of parsley, finely chopped
- grated Parmesan for serving (optional)
- Place a large saucepan of slightly salted water to the boil, add the penne and cook until “al dente.”
- Melt Bertolli with Butter in a frying pan, add onion and sweat on a medium heat for about 3 minutes. Stir in capers, olives, peppers and some salt, cover with a lid and cook on a medium to low heat for about 5 minutes until the peppers have softened. Stir in the tomatoes and continue to cook for a couple of minutes.
- Drain the penne, reserving a little of the cooking water. Add the cooked penne to the sauce and toss well together with the cooking water and a knob of Bertolli with Butter. Remove from the heat and serve immediately with a little grated parmesan if desired.