Cook up a traditional Italian treat with our tasty Melanzane Parmigiana (aubergine, tomato and parmesan bake) recipe. Once you’ve got your sauce on the go, fry aubergine slices in our delicious new Bertolli with Butter and Olive Oil, draining them on kitchen paper after. Then it’s simply a matter of stacking. Spread a layer of your tomato sauce in an ovenproof dish, followed by a layer of aubergine and then cheese, repeating until all ingredients are used up. Pop your dish in a preheated oven for 20-25 minutes and you’re done, easy!
- 2 aubergines, sliced
- 40 g Bertolli with Butter and Olive Oil
- 115 g fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 115 g grated Parmesan cheese
- - Tomato Sauce:
- 400 g can tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 large clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried marjoram
- 0.5 tsp fennel seeds
- Place all sauce ingredients in a saucepan and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Fry the aubergine slices in the Bertolli and drain on kitchen paper.
- Place a layer of tomato sauce in an ovenproof dish or individual dishes.
- Cover with a layer of aubergine slices and then slices of cheese.
- Repeat layers until all ingredients are used up, finishing with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in centre of preheated oven 200 ° C, 180 ° C fan, Gas mark 6 for 20-25 minutes.