Skewered fish and lime kebabs
This quick flavourful fish dish is just what you need to liven up your week, or if you’re looking for unusual lunch ideas. Combining heat from fresh ginger and chilli with the creamy richness of coconut, these gorgeous white fish and pepper kebabs are hard to beat. Just brush with the marinade and grill for an exotic treat in next-to-no-time!
- 25 g (1 oz) Bertolli Light spread
- 1/2 onion finely chopped
- 2.5 cm (1 inch) root ginger, grated
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 55 g (2 oz) creamed coconut, grated
- 2 limes, finely grated rind and juice squeezed
- 1/2 tsp hot chilli sauce
- 450 g (1 lb) firm white fish fillet, such as cod
- 1 red pepper (or yellow), deseeded and cut into large chunks
- Heat the Bertolli Light spread in a saucepan, add the onion, root ginger and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft.
- Add the coconut, lime rind and juice, chilli sauce and 175ml (6 fl oz) water. Heat gently for 10 minutes, stirring continuously, until the coconut has dissolved. Allow to cool.
- Thread the fish and peppers on to greased skewers and brush with the coconut mixture. Cook under a preheated grill, brushing with the mixture and turning frequently, until golden brown and cooked through.