Stuffed Baked Artichoke
Belissimo! These eye catching artichokes are a party classic.
- 4 globe artichoke
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoon Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black peppercorn
- 4 tablespoon Bertolli
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Rinse artichokes well, tugging leaves outward to loosen slightly for stuffing.
- Trim off stems so artichokes sit on a flat surface.
- In a large bowl combine bread crumbs, cheese, parsley, garlic salt, and pepper.
- Mix well; slowly add the melted Bertolli to the crumb mixture until it is moist enough to stick together.
- Stuff each leaf of the artichoke, starting from the bottom and working your way around, with crumb mixture.
- Stuff desired amount of leaves and shake off excess mixture and set aside for later.
- Continue this step with remaining artichokes.
- Place artichokes in a large baking pan and fill bottom of pan with 3cm of water.
- Drizzle some melted Bertolli over top of stuffed artichokes and cover tightly with heavy duty foil.
- Place the excess flavoured breadcrumbs on a baking tray and place in the top of the oven to toast. Approximately 10mins.
- Cook the Artichokes at 180 degrees C for approximately 60-80 minutes (depending on size of artichoke) or until leave comes out easily.
- Cool the Artichokes for 10 minutes, serve by sprinkling the extra toasted bread crumbs over the top to give some crunch!