Provencal Bean Bake
Another of our favourite Mediterranean recipes, where warm flavours really liven up some simple ingredients. Makes for an easy mid-week dinner that’s a little different, and especially delicious scooped up with some crusty garlic bread.
- 55 g (2oz) Bertolli with Butter
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced
- 115 g (4oz) carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 sticks celery, washed and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 400 g tinned mixed beans
- 400 g tinned chopped tomatoes
- a little salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp black olive puree
- Melt Bertolli in large pan and sauté onion, carrots, celery, garlic and herbs over gentle heat for about 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add remaining ingredients and season well with salt and pepper.
- Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve recipe with garlic bread.