This is really one of the most delicious yet easy pasta dishes you can imagine. Full of the flavours of spring, the secret is to cook the asparagus tips, sugar snap peas, baby broad beans and courgette strips lightly so they keep their individual textures. Using Bertolli Light to mix in the garlic and fresh herbs keeps it all low-fat for a super -healthy meal.
- Prep time10 minutes
- 4 portions
- 350 g (12 oz) pappardelle pasta
- 115 g (4 oz) asparagus tip
- 115 g (4 oz) sugar snap peas halved
- 85 g (3 oz) fresh baby broad beans
- 1 courgette thinly sliced lengthways into ribbons
- 55 g (2 oz) Bertolli light spread
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh mixed green herbs
- hot garlic bread to serve
|Energy (kcal)||408 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||1709 kJ|
|Protein (g)||14.3 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||71.9 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||66.8 g|
|Sugar (g)||4.9 g|
|Fibre (g)||5.2 g|
|Fat (g)||6.9 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||1.5 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||4.5 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||2.1 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||2.4 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.2 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||102 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.25 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||1168 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||32.2 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||46 mg|
|Iron (mg)||2.59 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||458 mg|
- Cook the pasta following packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, put the asparagus, peas and beans into a pan of salted boiling water for about 3 minutes. Add the courgette ribbons, cook for a further minute and drain.
- Melt the Bertolli Light spread and stir in the garlic and herbs.
- Drain the pasta and toss with the Bertolli mixture and the hot vegetables.
- Serve immediately with hot garlic bread.