This is really one of the most delicious yet easy pasta dishes you can imagine. Full of the flavours of spring, the secret is to cook the asparagus tips, sugar snap peas, baby broad beans and courgette strips lightly so they keep their individual textures. Using Bertolli Light to mix in the garlic and fresh herbs keeps it all low-fat for a super -healthy meal.
- 350 g (12 oz) pappardelle pasta
- 115 g (4 oz) asparagus tip
- 115 g (4 oz) sugar snap peas, halved
- 85 g (3 oz) fresh baby broad beans
- 1 courgette, thinly sliced lengthways into ribbons
- 55 g (2 oz) Bertolli Light spread
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh mixed green herbs
- Hot garlic bread, to serve
- Cook the pasta following packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, put the asparagus, peas and beans into a pan of salted boiling water for about 3 minutes. Add the courgette ribbons, cook for a further minute and drain.
- Melt the Bertolli Light spread and stir in the garlic and herbs.
- Drain the pasta and toss with the Bertolli mixture and the hot vegetables.
- Serve immediately with hot garlic bread.