A British favourite, Spaghetti Bolognese is the perfect midweek meal, as it’s super easy and super delicious recipe.
- Prep time20 minutes
- 4 portions
- 25 grams Bertolli buttery spread
- 1 carrot very finely chopped
- 1 onion very finely chopped
- 1 celery stick chopped optional
- 55 grams mushrooms
- 350 grams lean beef mince
- black pepper
- 400 grams can tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon beef stock
- 225 grams spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- Heat the Bertolli with butter and sauté the onion, carrot and celery for 10 mins without browning. Add the mushrooms and mince and cook until evenly brown. Add remaining ingredients except spaghetti and cheese and bring to the boil, stirring continuously. Cover and simmer gently for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile cook spaghetti in lightly salted boiling water for 12-15 minutes, drain and rinse.
- Arrange spaghetti in a deep dish, pour meat sauce over and sprinkle with grated cheese.