Macaroni Cheese with Prosciutto and Leeks
This indulgent cheesy classic, Macaroni Cheese, is given an elegant twist with the addition of prosciutto, and an ever-so-slight kick with a pinch of English mustard.
- Prep time15 minutes
- 4 portions
- 250 g macaroni
- 15 g Bertolli with butter
- 40 g thinly sliced prosciutto rolled and sliced into thin strips
- 1 small leek chopped
- Cheese Sauce:
- 50 g Bertolli with butter
- 50 g plain flour
- 600 ml semi-skimmed milk
- pinch English mustard
- 175 g mature cheddar cheese block grated
- 25 g Parmesan cheese grated
|Energy (kcal)||575 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||2408 kJ|
|Protein (g)||30.2 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||64.2 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||61.8 g|
|Sugar (g)||9.6 g|
|Fibre (g)||2.3 g|
|Fat (g)||21.1 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||12.7 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||6.5 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||5.5 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||1.0 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.1 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||69 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||648 mg|
|Salt (g)||1.62 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||772 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.3 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||585 mg|
|Iron (mg)||1.34 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||412 mg|
- Cook macaroni according to pack instructions in boiling salted water. Drain well.
- Meanwhile melt the Bertolli with Butter and sauté leek and prosciutto until softened.
- Make cheese sauce by placing Bertolli, flour and milk in a large saucepan and bring to boil, whisking continuously.
- Add Cheddar cheese and mustard and stir until melted.
- Stir in macaroni, leek and prosciutto mixture.
- Pour into an ovenproof dish and sprinkle top with grated Parmesan. Place under a hot grill until golden brown and bubbling.
- Serve garnished with some chopped fresh parsleY