Easy Pancetta Pasta with Peas Recipe
Quick and simple to prepare, this vibrant pasta dish is made with common kitchen ingredients and mint from the garden. The crisp, clean flavour of mint complements the fresh flavour of peas, pairing wonderfully with the creaminess of Bertolli with Butter and the richness of the pancetta.
- 350 g farfalle pasta
- 50 g Bertolli with Butter + extra knob
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 40 g pancetta, finely chopped (optional)
- 250 g frozen peas
- several mint leaves
- 20 g Bertolli with Butter + extra knob
- salt & pepper to taste
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil.
- Add the farfalle pasta and cook “al dente.” Tip: use lightly salted water to cook pasta in.
- Meanwhile, heat Bertolli with Butter in a large frying pan, adding onion and pancetta. Cook on a medium heat until the onion has softened.
- Stir in the peas and mint and some salt and pepper.
- Cover with a lid and cook on a gentle heat for about 3 minutes until the peas are cooked.
- Drain the farfalle, then add it to the sauce with a little pasta water, parmesan, and a knob of Bertolli with Butter. Make sure to mix well.
- Serve immediately with an extra sprinkling of parmesan if desired.