A British favourite, Spaghetti Bolognese is the perfect midweek meal, as it’s super easy and super delicious recipe. Packed with lots of veggies, it gets a rich flavour from the beef stock and added herbs. But it’s the secret ingredients that really set it off: a knob of Bertolli with Butter and a teaspoon of Worcestershire Sauce. Bellissimo.
- 25 g Bertolli with Butter
- 1 carrot, very finely chopped
- 1 onion, very finely chopped
- 1 celery stick, optional, chopped
- 55 g mushrooms
- 350 g lean beef mince
- black pepper
- 400 g can tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons beef stock
- 225 g spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- Heat the Bertolli with butter and sauté the onion, carrot and celery for 10 mins without browning. Add the mushrooms and mince and cook until evenly brown. Add remaining ingredients except spaghetti and cheese and bring to the boil, stirring continuously. Cover and simmer gently for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile cook spaghetti in lightly salted boiling water for 12-15 minutes, drain and rinse.
- Arrange spaghetti in a deep dish, pour meat sauce over and sprinkle with grated cheese.