Casarecce with Courgettes and Prawns
Courgettes and prawns combine really well together and are often added to Casarecce to make a quick, nutritious pasta recipe like this one. A squeeze of lemon at the end really enhances the dish and combines well with the creaminess of Bertolli with Butter. By grating the courgettes, cooking time is reduced. Use ready cooked, peeled prawns which can be fresh or frozen. If using the frozen variety, place in a bowl, cover with cold water and leave to defrost for about 20 minutes before cooking.
- 4 medium sized courgettes
- 400 g Casarecce pasta
- pinch of salt
- 90 g Bertolli with Butter
- 6 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 300 g prawns, ready-peeled
- handful of basil leaves
- lemon juice to serve
- Grate the courgettes on the larger holes of a grater. Take handfuls of the grated courgettes and squeeze out the excess water and set aside.
- Place a large saucepan of lightly salted (optional) water on the heat, bring to the boil and cook the casarecce.
- Melt Bertolli with Butter in a large frying pan, add garlic and sweat for a minute or so ensuring you do not burn, so lower the heat if necessary. Add grated courgettes and stir fry for 2 – 3 minutes until softened. Season with salt. Stir in prawns and continue to cook for a further 2 minutes. Drain the pasta, add to the sauce and toss well together. Stir in basil and continue to cook for a minute adding a little of the pasta water if necessary. Serve immediately with a squeeze of lemon.