Vegetarian Multi-Coloured and Multi-Veggie Pasta
This quick and simple Bertollini pasta dish is full of tasty veggies. The olive oil in Bertolli with Butter is ideal for sweating all the vegetables, and its creaminess works to bind the dish at the end. It also adds a delectable shine to the edges of the pasta cones, which fill with all the fresh summery vegetables. You could also use farfalle in this recipe as their ruffles are great for holding the sauce and come up just as shiny. Bellissimo!
Buy Bertollini here.
- 400 g multi-coloured small Bertollini cone-shaped pasta (or farfalle)
- 120 g Bertolli with Butter plus extra knob
- 60 g red onion, finely chopped
- ½ red chilli, finely chopped (optional)
- 60 g celery, finely chopped
- 60 g carrot, finely chopped
- 60 g fennel, finely chopped
- 60 g fresh peas (podded weight)
- 60 g red pepper, finely chopped
- 60 g courgette, finely chopped
- 60 g asparagus tips, finely chopped
- 2 fresh artichoke hearts, finely chopped
- 60 g beef tomato, deseeded and finely chopped
- 30 ml white wine
- A little salt
- A handful fresh mint, finely chopped
- A handful fresh basil, finely chopped
- juice of one lemon
- grated Parmesan, to serve
- Place a large saucepan of slightly salted water on the heat, bring to boil and cook the pasta for 2-3 minutes until “al dente”
- Meanwhile, melt Bertolli with Butter in a large frying pan on a medium heat, add onion, chilli, celery, carrot, fennel, peas and sweat for a minute. Add peppers, courgettes, asparagus & artichokes and continue to sweat for a further minute. Stir in a little salt.
- Add wine and a ladleful of hot water (you can use the cooking pasta water) and continue to cook for a couple of minutes. Drain the pasta, add to the vegetables, and stir in chopped tomato, mint & basil.
- Add lemon juice and a knob of Bertolli with Butter and toss well together. Remove from the heat and serve with some grated Parmesan if desired.