Andrea’s Chicken, Kale & Pumpkin Pasta with Sage-Garlic Butter Sauce
Eating healthily doesn’t mean you have to compromise on taste. Andrea from The Petite Cook used Bertolli with Butter and rustic Mediterranean ingredients to create a classic Italian and low-calorie pasta. Treat yourself to her easy Chicken, Kale and Pumpkin Pasta recipe with Sage-Garlic butter sauce tonight – you might just have found your new favourite Italian pasta dish.
- Prep time15 minutes
- 4 portions
- 350 g short pasta (tortiglioni,penne,farfalle)
- 250 g finely diced peeled and seeded pumpkin
- 1 medium shallot thinly sliced
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes (optional)
- 2 sprigs of thyme teared
- 1 tbsp finely chopped garlic
- 6 thinly sliced sage leaves
- 100 ml vegetable stock
- 3 tbsp Bertolli with butter
- 150 g chicken breast fillets finely sliced
- 150 g kale leaves roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp toasted pine nuts (optional)
- 4 tbsp freshly grated Parmesan
|Energy (kcal)||430 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||1802 kJ|
|Protein (g)||20.7 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||69.3 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||66.2 g|
|Sugar (g)||2.8 g|
|Fibre (g)||3.1 g|
|Fat (g)||7.5 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||1.6 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||4.7 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||2.3 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||2.4 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||25 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||139 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.34 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||2923 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||33.3 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||68 mg|
|Iron (mg)||2.05 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||437 mg|
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, then cook the pasta “al dente”.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tbsp Bertolli with Butter, followed by shallot, pumpkin, thyme, sage, garlic and chilli flakes. Stir to combined and cook for 5 min.
- Pour in the stock and continue to cook until the pumpkin begins to soften, about 5 min.
- Fold in the chicken, followed by the kale and continue to cook a further 5 min, then season to taste.
- Toss the pasta into the pan with the chicken & vegetables, stir in the remaining 2 tbsp of Bertolli with Butter for an extra silky final touch to the pasta.
- Remove from the heat, sprinkle with toasted pine nuts if using. Serve immediately with freshly grated Parmigiano and pepper on top.