Italian Plaice Fillets Recipe with Baby Potatoes
We’re bringing an Italian twist to a beautiful English fish recipe by adding anchovies and capers to this plaice fillets recipe. Served with buttery and minty boiled baby potatoes, this makes a lovely, light, nutritious meal perfect for both a quick and easy midweek supper recipe as well as when entertaining. The creaminess of Bertolli with Butter is perfect in this dish and to mop up the buttery lemon juice with some good bread at the end!
- Cooking time15 minutes
- Prep time15 minutes
- 3 portions
- 500 grams baby potatoes washed and scrubbed
- 4 plaice fillets weighing approx. 180 g each
- 90 grams Bertolli buttery spread and extra knob for potatoes
- 2 tinned anchovy fillets finely chopped
- 2 tbsp capers in brine if under salt ensure you wash salt completely
- juice of 1 large organic unwaxed lemon
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- handful of fresh mint finely chopped
|Energy (kcal)||495 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||2070 kJ|
|Protein (g)||46.7 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||24.0 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||20.5 g|
|Sugar (g)||1.4 g|
|Fibre (g)||3.5 g|
|Fat (g)||23.1 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||4.9 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||16.7 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||6.9 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||9.8 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||98 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||425 mg|
|Salt (g)||1.06 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||1609 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||34.8 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||62 mg|
|Iron (mg)||2.11 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||1185 mg|
- Place the baby potatoes in a large pan of water, bring to the boil and cook until the potatoes are tender.
- Meanwhile, season the fish with a little salt. Heat 30 g of Bertolli with Butter in a large frying pan, add the anchovy fillets and saute’ on a medium heat for a couple of minutes until the anchovies dissolve.
- Hold the plaice fillets with your fingers and dip both sides into the buttery mixture, placing each fillet skin-side down into the pan. Add capers, half the lemon juice, a further 30 g of butter and parsley and cook on a medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes until the fish is cooked through.
- Remove the plaice fillets and set aside. Increase the heat, add the remaining Bertolli with Butter to the pan, stirring well until melted, remove from the heat and pour over the fish together with the remaining lemon juice.
- Drain the potatoes, toss with a knob of Bertolli with Butter and fresh mint and serve immediately with the fish.