Italian Tomato Spaghetti
Of all the easy pasta recipes around, this has got to be in the top ten. It’s simple and quick to cook and packed with big classic Italian flavours. This puttanesca-style tomato sauce is spiked with olives, capers, garlic and anchovies to really pack a punch.
- Cooking time
- Prep time
- 4 portions
- 55 grams Bertolli Originale buttery spread
- 2 tsps ready grated garlic
- 50 grams can anchovy fillets in olive oil
- 2 tbsps capers
- 85 grams black olives
- 400 grams can chopped tomatoes
- 350 grams spaghetti or other pasta
- 2 tbsps chopped fresh curly parsley
|Energy (kcal)||484 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||2027 kJ|
|Protein (g)||17.1 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||74.8 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||69.2 g|
|Sugar (g)||6.8 g|
|Fibre (g)||5.6 g|
|Fat (g)||13.4 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||2.5 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||9.8 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||5.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||4.8 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||11 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||872 mg|
|Salt (g)||2.18 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||956 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||12.4 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||109 mg|
|Iron (mg)||3.92 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||579 mg|
- Heat the Bertolli spread in a saucepan and sauté garlic and anchovies until soft.
- Add capers, olives and tomatoes and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook the dried spaghetti according to pack instructions. Drain.
- Add the Italian spaghetti to the sauce, toss well together and serve sprinkled with parsley.