Provencal Bean Bake
Another of our favourite Mediterranean recipes, where warm flavours really liven up some simple ingredients. Makes for an easy mid-week dinner that’s a little different, and especially delicious scooped up with some crusty garlic bread.
- Cooking time25 minutes
- Prep time5 minutes
- Servings3 portions
- 55 g (2 oz) Bertolli with butter
- 1 onion peeled and sliced
- 115 g (4 oz) carrots peeled and sliced
- 2 sticks celery washed and chopped
- 1 clove garlic peeled and crushed
- 400 g tinned mixed beans
- 400 g tinned chopped tomatoes
- a little salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp black olive puree
|Energy (kcal)||98 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||409 kJ|
|Protein (g)||3.2 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||17.6 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||13.1 g|
|Sugar (g)||9.7 g|
|Fibre (g)||4.6 g|
|Fat (g)||2.7 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.3 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.3 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.1 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.2 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||289 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.72 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||6798 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||18.0 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||77 mg|
|Iron (mg)||1.98 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||627 mg|
- Melt Bertolli in large pan and sauté onion, carrots, celery, garlic and herbs over gentle heat for about 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add remaining ingredients and season well with salt and pepper.
- Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve recipe with garlic bread.