Penne with Butternut Squash, Rosemary and Chilli
Bertolli with Butter is a winner in this pasta dish; not only is it used to sweat the vegetables with its olive oil, but it also adds that extra creaminess and shine to your penne at the end binding all the ingredients nicely together. Make sure you use the freshest garlic and pungent red chilli so the flavour of the squash really comes through. In season, you can substitute squash with pumpkin.
- Cooking time25 minutes
- Prep time15 minutes
- 4 portions
- 600 grams butternut squash clean weight
- 60 grams Bertolli buttery spread & extra knob
- 6 garlic cloves finely sliced
- 1 red chilli finely sliced
- 4 rosemary sprigs
- 700 ml hot vegetable stock
- 400 grams penne
- pinch of salt
- handful of grated Parmesan to serve
|Energy (kcal)||559 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||2339 kJ|
|Protein (g)||17.4 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||94.2 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||88.1 g|
|Sugar (g)||8.1 g|
|Fibre (g)||6.2 g|
|Fat (g)||12.7 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||3.4 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||8.3 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||3.7 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||4.7 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||5 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||586 mg|
|Salt (g)||1.47 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||14109 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||37.3 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||188 mg|
|Iron (mg)||2.51 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||728 mg|
- Cut the butternut squash into small cubes and set aside.
- Melt Bertolli with Butter in a large frying pan on a medium heat, add garlic, chilli and rosemary and sweat for a minute. Add butternut squash and stir fry for a minute. Add hot vegetable stock and leave to cook on a medium heat for 3 minutes. Lower the heat and simmer for about 10 minutes while you cook the pasta.
- Place a large saucepan of slightly salted (optional) water on the heat, bring to the boil and cook the penne until “al dente”.
- Drain the pasta, increase the heat of the sauce, add the penne, toss well together and continue to cook for about 1 minute until well amalgamated adding a little of the pasta cooking water if necessary and a knob of Bertolli with Butter. Remove from the heat and serve immediately with a sprinkling of grated parmesan.