Penne with Butternut Squash, Rosemary and Chilli
Bertolli with Butter is a winner in this penne with butternut squash dish; not only is it used to sweat the vegetables with its olive oil, but it also adds that extra creaminess and shine
- Prep time15 minutes
- 4 portions
- 600 grams butternut squash clean weight
- 60 grams Bertolli buttery spread & extra knob
- 6 garlic cloves finely sliced
- 1 red chilli finely sliced
- 4 rosemary sprigs
- 700 ml hot vegetable stock
- 400 grams penne
- pinch of salt
- handful of grated Parmesan to serve
- Cut the butternut squash into small cubes and set aside.
- Melt Bertolli with Butter in a large frying pan on a medium heat, add garlic, chilli and rosemary and sweat for a minute. Add butternut squash and stir fry for a minute. Add hot vegetable stock and leave to cook on a medium heat for 3 minutes. Lower the heat and simmer for about 10 minutes while you cook the pasta.
- Place a large saucepan of slightly salted (optional) water on the heat, bring to the boil and cook the penne until “al dente”.
- Drain the pasta, increase the heat of the sauce, add the penne, toss well together and continue to cook for about 1 minute until well amalgamated adding a little of the pasta cooking water if necessary and a knob of Bertolli with Butter. Remove from the heat and serve immediately with a sprinkling of grated parmesan.